Pet Diagnostic Testing Leads to Early Intervention
Because your pet’s health means everything, our quick and accurate diagnostic tests provide vital information before considering treatment options. Early detection of many illnesses allows us to treat your pet quickly for a better outcome.
Altos Veterinary Clinic has an in-house laboratory where we can perform many of the important blood tests your pet needs. These and other tests help our veterinarians make early and accurate detection of illness possible:
- Complete blood count
- Liver enzymes
- Fecal analysis to detect intestinal parasites
- Internal organ function
- Needle biopsies of masses with results before you leave
We may send some tests to outside labs for more extensive evaluation.
Non-invasive Pet Tests
In addition to laboratory tests, we use non-invasive methods to gain more information about your pet.
- X-rays—Digital imaging is used for dental purposes and traditional X-rays are used for other parts of the body. To ensure that we obtain the most accurate information possible, a board-certified radiologist reads each X-ray.
- Ultrasound—Using sound waves, images of soft tissues and organs can be made painlessly. We work with a board-certified radiologist to ensure the most accurate diagnostic results.
- Echocardiograms—Employing ultrasound technology, a visiting cardiologist can see much of the heart muscle and its function.
These tests help us to know the best ways to keep your pet healthy and happy.